Curtin Library will be migrating from LexisNexis to the new and enhanced Lexis Advance research platform in 2018. You can preview the new platform here.
New features and functionality include:
- Research map: add your research path to your assignment and print this out as a stand-alone document.
- Folders: create folders and share these with your lecturers and/or other students you are doing group work with. Save what’s important to you within these folders including documents, text, search results and effective searches. You can also annotate documents and highlight text before saving.
- Bookmarks: bookmark chapters from commentary which is then added to your Favourites on the homepage.
- Home page: easy access to History, Recent Searches and Documents, Folders, Favourites, and Alerts, enabling you to customise where you want to start.
- Hyperlinks: copy and paste text with hyperlinks into an email or document, to enable you to access the source again.
- Results: now include reputable web pages.
- History: searches, search terms, documents, sent emails and other activities are automatically saved in your History for up to 90 days. Review your history as a list or get a graphical map view where you can retrace your searching and refining, compare search results and find more, similar documents.
If you have any questions about Lexis Advance, please contact Jaya Ralph, Faculty Librarian – Law, J.Ralph@curtin.edu.au, 9266 2585.