Requesting & collecting items
You can place a request on:
- Items on the shelf – Items which are available on the shelf can be requested. These are displayed in the Catalogue as Item in Place.
- Items on loan to another user – The patron who has the item on loan will be notified that the due date has changed and that they will be required to return the item earlier.
- Items at another Curtin Library – If an item is available at another Curtin Library, you can use the Library Catalogue to request it even if it is on loan.
You can use the Library catalogue to request items:
- Log in to the catalogue using your Curtin ID and password (top right-hand corner).
- Search the catalogue to find the item.
- Select Request under the Check Availability tab of the item.
- Select your preferred Pickup Location from the drop-down menu.
- Click Request.
- The Library will transfer the item to your pickup location and put it on hold for you.
- You will be sent an email notification when the item is available for pickup.
T.L. Robertson Library (Curtin Perth)
- Go to the level two High Demand area.
- The item will be shelved under your surname/family name on the Request Shelves.
- You will need your student/staff ID card to loan the item.
WA School of Mines Kalgoorlie Library
- You can only collect items when staff are in attendance (see opening hours).
- You will need your student/staff ID card to collect the item.
You may not be able to request an item if:
- you already have a request on another copy of the same item.
- your borrowing privileges have been suspended (you are no longer enrolled, you have an overdue item, or you have fines on your Library account which prevent you from borrowing).
- the item is held at Curtin Graduate School of Business. These items are only available for use in person at that location.
If you need assistance locating or borrowing an item, please ask Library staff at your pickup location.