You may be fined if you do not return high-use Library items, items requested by someone else or document delivery items by their due date.
The Library issues fines as a way of ensuring fair and equitable sharing of resources, especially high use items, to Curtin Library users.
How do I avoid fines?
- Check all Library notifications and return all items by the date shown.
- All Curtin students receive Library notifications via the Official Communications Channel (OCC) of their OASIS account and/or their student email. Curtin staff and other Library borrowers will receive Library notifications via email. You must check Library communications at least once every week.
- Check your Borrower Information through the Library Catalogue or the My Library tab in OASIS.
- Return all library items before travelling overseas or on holiday.
- Never ignore a library notification. If you believe the details on the notification to be incorrect, contact staff at your nearest Curtin Library immediately.
- You may also be fined as a disciplinary measure for bringing inappropriate food and drink into the Library and for inappropriate noise and behaviour. Ensure you comply with the Considerate Use of the Library Guidelines.
|Requested items||$4.00 per item per day|
|High demand items and laptops||$2.00 per item per hour or part thereof|
|Long overdue (lost) items after 14 days||Replacement cost (standard $75.00) and any overdue fees.|
|Document delivery items||$4.00 per item per day|
- Replacement costs will not be refunded if the item is returned after the account is paid.
- Replacement costs for lost or damaged material must be paid in full.
- If you have overdue fines of $20.00 or more you will be suspended from borrowing until this is paid in full. If fines of $20.00 or more are not paid by the end of semester, you will be sanctioned. This means you will not be able to obtain your exam results or graduate.