You may be fined if you do not return high use Library items, items requested by someone else or Document Delivery items by their due date.
The Library issues fines as a way of ensuring fair and equitable sharing of resources, especially high use items, to Curtin Library users.
How do I avoid fines?
- Check all Library notifications and return all items by the date shown.
- All Curtin students receive Library notifications via the Official Communications Channel (OCC) of their OASIS account and/or their student email. Curtin staff and other Library borrowers will receive Library notifications via email. You must check Library communications at least once every week.
- Check your Borrower Information through the Library Catalogue or the My Library tab in OASIS.
- Return all library items before travelling overseas or on holiday.
- Never ignore a library notification. If you believe the details on the notification to be incorrect, contact staff at your nearest Curtin Library immediately.
- You may also be fined as a disciplinary measure for bringing inappropriate food and drink into the Library and for inappropriate noise and behaviour. Ensure you comply with the Considerate Use of the Library Guidelines.
|Recalled/requested items||$4.00 per item per day|
|High Demand items and laptops||$2.00 per item per hour or part thereof|
|Long overdue (lost) items after 42 days||Replacement cost (standard $75.00), any overdue fees and administrative fee ($15.00)|
|Document delivery items||$4.00 per item per day|
- Replacement costs will not be refunded if the item is returned after the account is paid.
- Replacement costs for lost or damaged material must be paid in full.
- If you have overdue fines of $20.00 or more you will be suspended from borrowing until this is paid in full. If fines of $20.00 or more are not paid by the end of semester, you will be sanctioned. This means you will not be able to obtain your exam results or graduate.