Curtin alumni may apply for Curtin Library membership. To register, or for more information about alumni Library membership, contact the Curtin Alumni Relations Office.
- Alumni Library membership is personal and non-transferable.
- Your alumni Library membership is not attached to your student OASIS account. All account information is available from your Borrower Information.
- The Library’s full range of databases is not available to alumni because of licence constraints.
- It is an important condition of use that alumni members only use Library electronic resources for personal research or educational use (not as a substitute for employers or businesses obtaining access to these resources).
Alumni have access to a variety of Library services and facilities:
Borrowing material from Library collections
- Please visit your nearest campus library to have your card issued.
- You may only borrow items in person.
- 12 items can be borrowed for up to six weeks. Please see renewing an item for renewal information.
- Use your Curtin Library ID number and password to access your Borrower Information.
- Electronic databases can be accessed from Library computers. To access databases available onsite, visit the Databases for onsite use web page and filter by group Databases for onsite use.
- Remote access to the ProQuest electronic database service (excluding e-book Central) is available. When you become an alumni Library member, you will be issued with a Curtin Library ID and password you can use to log in to ProQuest. You can navigate to ProQuest via the Databases for alumni use web page.
- Access to additional electronic databases (including PubMed) via the Databases for guest use web page is available. Select filter by group Databases for guest use.
- Not all e-Books are available for viewing due to licence restrictions. This includes e-book Central.
Library Help services
- Staff assistance is available in all campus Libraries. For assistance, call +61 8 9266 7166 or visit LibAnswers.
- To use the Library computers, sign in as a Curtin visitor. You can then use your ID to access the Library Catalogue.
- Alumni cannot use Curtin’s WiFi or internet. Alumni are permitted to use the Microsoft application suite but cannot access other licensed software.
Photocopying and printing facilities
- Photocopiers and printers are available in all campus libraries.
- Alumni members will need to register for a guest printing account in order to use Library printing facilities.
- Library notifications are sent to your nominated email address. Notifications include (but are not restricted to) loan receipts, reminders, overdue notifications, changes to due dates and lost accounts. Please check your nominated email address weekly to ensure you receive notifications.
- Please ensure your email address is kept up-to-date.
- Your Borrower Information is available from the Library Catalogue. Please check this regularly to avoid fines.
- To avoid fines, renew loans before they become overdue.
- Items are automatically renewed if available. If you wish to renew your loans online, log into your Borrower Information (this can be accessed via the Curtin Library Catalogue). Select the item you wish to renew, and click renew.
- To renew items over the phone, call +61 8 9266 7166.