Students and staff with disabilities
Services for students and staff with a disability are individually tailored to assist with access to library materials and equipment. They may include:
- retrieve items from the shelves so you can borrow them
- send items to you at home by courier
- photocopy sections of library items for you.
You can return borrowed items by mail free of charge.
Once you have registered and obtained a letter of introduction, discuss your needs with the library’s Client Services Supervisor. Go to the Enquiries Desk on level 2 of the Robertson Library, phone +61 8 9266 3221 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
24 hours notice is required to process requests for library assistance.
All loaned materials should be returned or renewed before the due date. However if you encounter difficulties in returning material because of illness, incapacity or special circumstances beyond your control, inform the library’s Client Services Supervisor.
For students with a vision disability, print material can sometimes be obtained in a format more suitable for your needs. Contact the Disability Counsellor at the University Counselling Service with these requests.
Note: To help you get items that lecturers have listed as required reading for courses, wherever possible the library places full-text electronic copies of them in e-Reserve. You can access these through the library catalogue; there is no need to borrow them.
- The full range of library services for students and staff with disabilities are detailed in the following pdf sheets:
- Students with a disability (PDF 175KB)
- Students with a disability (large print) (PDF 196KB)
- The Robertson Library Assistive technology room (room 325) has a variety of specialised equipment for students and staff with disabilities
- Using the library catalogue LibGuide