Members of the general community are welcome to become members of the Library.
Membership can be arranged at the Enquiries Desk on level two of the Robertson Library, or at the Enquiries Desk of the WA School of Mines Kalgoorlie Library. Please bring a completed membership form, photo identification and proof of postal address with you. Memberships can only be issued during full service hours.
The cost for members of the community is $70.40 (inclusive of GST) for six months’ membership. The Library accepts Visa, Mastercard or Amex. Please note cash is not accepted over the counter. A Concession Card holder’s discount is available on presentation of a current Concession Card. Membership is not transferable. No refunds are given.
Borrowing from the Library
- Community borrowers may borrow a maximum of 12 items at any time for a loan period of six weeks. Please see renewing an item for renewal information.
- All items are subject to recall at any time. If your Library items are recalled, you will be advised of the new due date by email.
- Items which are on loan to other clients may be requested through the Library Catalogue. An availability notification will be sent when the item is ready to be collected.
- A limited selection of Databases for onsite use can be accessed in the Library. Please filter by group databases for onsite use.
- Access to free, selected electronic databases including PubMed is via the Databases for guest use list. Please filter by group databases for guest use.
- There is limited access to e-Books.
- If you do not wish to borrow, you may sign up for limited access to databases as described at no cost. For more information, ask at the Enquiries Desk.
- All borrowers must agree to abide by the current Library Rules that govern Curtin University Library.
- Fines will be incurred if items become overdue.
- Membership is granted on a personal basis and each member will be held responsible for the safe return of any item borrowed.
- All community borrowers will receive Library notifications via email.
- Please check for Library communications regularly, and keep your contact details updated. Your details can be updated by notifying the Library on +61 8 9266 7166.
- To use the Library computers, sign in as a Curtin visitor.
- Community borrowers cannot use Curtin’s WiFi or internet. Community borrowers are permitted to use the Microsoft application suite but cannot access other licenced software.
- Photocopiers and printers are available in the Library. More information, including costs is available here.