Members of the general community are welcome to become members of the Library.
Membership is free of charge and can be arranged at the Enquiries Desk on level two of the Robertson Library, or at the Enquiries Desk of the WA School of Mines Kalgoorlie Library.
Please bring a completed membership form, photo identification and proof of postal address with you. Memberships can only be issued during full service hours.
- Membership cards can only be issued during full service hours
- Your Community Library membership is personal and non-transferable.
- The Library will assign you a user ID and password.
- The Library’s full range of databases is not available to Community members because of licence constraints.
- It is an important condition of use that Community members only use Library electronic resources for personal research or educational use (not as a substitute for employers or businesses obtaining access to these resources).
Community members have access to a variety of Library services and facilities:
Borrowing material from Library collections
- Please visit the Enquiries Desk at your local Library to have your card issued.
- You may only borrow items in person.
- 12 items can be borrowed for up to six weeks. Please see renewing an item for renewal information.
- All items loaned to you are subject to recall at any time. If your Library items are recalled, you will be advised of the new due date by email.
- Items which are on loan to other clients may be requested through the Library Catalogue. An availability notification will be sent when the item is ready for you to collect.
- Use your Curtin Library ID number and password to access your Borrower Information.
- Some electronic databases can be accessed from Library computers. To access databases available onsite, visit the Databases for onsite use webpage and filter by group Databases for onsite use.
- Access to additional electronic databases (including PubMed) via the Databases for guest use webpage is available. Select filter by group Databases for guest use.
- Not all e-Books are available for viewing due to licence restrictions.
Enquiries and Reference Desk services
- Staff assistance is available from the Reference/Enquiries Desk in all campus Libraries. For assistance, call +61 8 9266 2145 or visit LibAnswers.
Computers and facilities
- To use the Library computers, sign in as a Curtin visitor. You can then use your ID to access the Library Catalogue.
- Community members cannot use Curtin’s WiFi or internet. Community Borrowers are permitted to use the Microsoft application suite but cannot access other licensed software.
- Community members are welcome to use individual study spaces in the library during full service hours.
Photocopying and printing facilities
- Photocopiers and printers are available in all campus libraries.
- Ask at the Enquiries desk about using a guest printing/photocopy card to use these facilities. See paying for printing and photocopying for details.
- Library notifications are sent to your nominated email address. Notifications include (but are not restricted to) loan receipts, reminders, overdue notifications, changes to due dates and lost accounts. Please check your nominated email address weekly to ensure you receive notifications.
- Please ensure your email address is kept up-to-date.
- Your Borrower Information is available from the Library Catalogue. Please check this regularly to avoid fines.
- To avoid fines, renew loans before they become overdue.
- Items are automatically renewed if available. If you wish to renew your loans online, log into your Borrower Information (this can be accessed via the Curtin Library Catalogue). Select the item you wish to renew, and click renew.
- To renew items over the phone, call +61 8 9266 7166.