Appealing fines & loans
Returned, Never Borrowed, Stolen or Lost item on Loan
If you believe that you have already returned, have never borrowed, or have lost a Library item that is still listed as on loan to you, please complete the Claims Form, providing as many details as possible. A Library staff member will be in contact with the outcome of your claim.
Library items that have been stolen whilst in your possession need to have a claim submitted. For items stolen on campus, report the incident to Security on +618 9266 4444. For items stolen outside campus, lodge a police report.
If you are unable to return your Library items on time due to illness or other circumstances, or you anticipate difficulty paying your fines, email email@example.com or speak to the Supervisor on Duty at the Enquiries desk. You may need supporting documentation such as a medical certificate.
Submitting a claim
Before submitting a Claims Form, look for the items again. Check carefully:
- at home,
- amongst your books or on your bookcases (some titles may be the same or similar),
- in bags or boxes,
- in desks, study or work locations,
- in your car,
- with friends, family, students or colleagues, and
- with other libraries you use, such as public libraries or other university libraries.
If you find the items, contact the Library as soon as possible.
- If the item is overdue before the Claims Form is submitted, you are responsible for overdue fines up to the day the form is submitted.
- If you find the item after submitting a Claims Form, you are responsible for overdue fines to a maximum of $57 per item, even if you have already paid for the item.
- If the item is not found, in accordance with Library Rules, you are responsible for its replacement.
The Library’s responsibilities
- We will search the Library and other campus Libraries for the item.
- Items claimed as lost will be searched for once. If the items is not found, a replacement cost account will be issued.
- Items claimed as returned, never borrowed or stolen will be searched for four times over a four week period. If the item is not found, options for replacement of the item will be emailed to you. Failure to respond will result in a replacement cost account being issued.
By submitting a Claims Form, you are accepting your responsibilities and obligations. If you have any queries about this information email firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone the Level 2 Enquiries Desk at Robertson Library on +61 (08) 9266 7166.