Library structure & services
Learning, Engagement & International Services
Provides interactive and personalised learning experiences and facilities for student success, partners with staff in the teaching and learning process, manages the branch libraries and leads the Library’s engagement and international programs.
- selection and de-selection of scholarly resources,
- enquiry and reference services,
- circulation services,
- information literacy,
- faculty support
- academic and study skills (through the Learning Centre) and
- learning space development.
Manages Library public areas and study facilities. Provides document supply services, equity and off-campus services, quality assurance and services for the libraries run by Curtin partners, and engagement opportunities for targeted groups including alumni, pathways students and the library profession.
Research & Collection Services
Contributes to Curtin’s vision of being a research-intensive university and a global leader in education, through provision of high quality scholarly resources, maximising the exposure and availability of Curtin research, and building strong partnerships with researchers.
- Coordination of research services including management of Curtin’s institutional repository.
- Guidelines and initiatives in open access publishing and data management.
- Creating digital research archives and managing the John Curtin Prime Ministerial Library.
- Acquiring and facilitating access to scholarly resources including reserve and document requesting services and maintaining the Library’s physical collections.
University Library Office
Develops the Library as an agile, responsive and versatile area committed to excellence, innovation and impact.
- ensuring a coordinated approach to human resources, quality, communications and risk.
- attracting and developing dynamic staff with shared values and common purpose.
- financial and administrative services.
Strategy, Planning & Copyright
The team ensures a coordinated approach to planning and quality across the Library. It also provides a comprehensive education and advisory service on copyright matters to University students and staff.